Image browsing preview filters

Waldemar Villamayor-Venialbo wvenialbo at gmail.com
Tue Oct 9 05:29:06 BST 2012

Hello all,

I would like to know where can I find documentation about the APIs
required to develop preview filters for some image formats not
supported by the file manager out of the box?

E.g. for browsing old NASA's CDs whith propietary image formats... (Of
course the file' format specs. are incuded with the CDs.) or some
custom convenience image formats we develop solely for our research
purposes. It will be helpful for us just to develop a plugin filter
for the Dolphin FM instead of rewritting our old image browser each
time we need to read an unsupported image format.

Thanks in advance.