who to contact?

McQuilkin, Chris Chris.McQuilkin at analog.com
Sat May 19 03:41:30 BST 2012

Hi,
I am looking for Konqueror  technical help contact information.

 I am trying to add an item to the menu which appears when right clicking on a directory.  On menu top is "Create Folder..." which opens a popup menu where one can input a folder name.  I want to add a new  "Create new textfile" option physically  just below the "Create Folder..." option which brings up a similar file name entering popup and then have the file be created inside the selected directory.

The progress I have made so far  is adding the following lines in a .desktopfile located in the konqueror/servicemenus folder :
[Desktop Entry]
ServiceTypes=inode/directory
Actions=maketxtfile
Encoding=UTF-8
X-KDE-Priority=TopLevel

[Desktop Action maketxtfile]
Name=Create New Text File
Icon=folder_txt
Exec=konsole --workdir %U  -e kwrite newtextfile.txt

This does open a .txt file in the correct, selected directory but I have no idea how to raise the popup window where I can input the filename.

Ironically,  there is an existing  function identical to this but it is only accessible when one right clicks in a directory's white space not on a directory.

Thank you,
Chris