Konqueror bugs - a few questions

Myriam Schweingruber myriam-RoXCvvDuEio at public.gmane.org
Mon Jun 18 15:38:36 BST 2012

Hi all,

you might have seen the recent flood of closed bugs in your inbox (or
on konqueror-bugs-RoXCvvDuEio at public.gmane.org if you don't look at that folder too often).
I briefly talked to David Faure today in #:kde-devel and he agreed
that it is of not much use to keep old KDE3 bugs open since it is not
actively maintained anymore.

So just in case you are worried about what is going on: I am cleaning
up a bit :)

For the future:

- I intend to go through old reports and since distributions don't
ship anything older than KDE version 4.5 it would make sense to close
those and ask people to reopen if they can reproduce the issue with
version 4.8.4 or newer. Please tell me if this seems too early.

- Please use the commit hooks BUG:, CCBUG: and FIXED-IN: in your
commits, this allows to not only close the report and avoid some
manual cleaning but also allows to provide continuous information on
bug handling with the CCBUG: hook so people don't feel like nothing is
happening. A commit link will be automatically added to the report.

- When the bug is reproducible with a more recent version, please
change the version field to reflect that status. Since you neither
maintain several branches nor backport changes to older versions than
the current SC release it is not useful to keep the version field
inaccurate. It also allows to filter bug reports much easier.

- As a rule: please don't forget the reports you set as NEEDSINFO,
that status should not be used as a garbage bin for bugs reports.
Without feedback those should be close in a regular manner, also
something you can ask us to do for you.

Please tell me if you need component or version changes done on
Bugzilla, I am usually around in CET and rather an owl when it comes
to sleeping time.

There also is the possibility to set up reminders for release blocker,
regressions etc., to be sent to this list or to one or several
individuals, please ask if you need this set up, you can have it from
once a day to a weekly, bi-weekly, monthly up to a yearly schedule,
your choice :)

Regards, Myriam
http://www.fsfe.org