info about writing a Dolphin plugin

Daniel Kreuter d.kreuter at fh-bingen.de
Tue Jul 17 16:50:41 BST 2012

On Tuesday, July 17, 2012 05:37:49 PM Lisa Vitolo wrote:

Well my goal is just to discover how to integrate my application as a plugin.
It's not a requirement to connect it to some panel, that was just my guess: I
thought it would be nice to be able to right click on a drive in the Resources
panel and select something like "Manage" to launch my application. Otherwise
it could also be launched from the Tool menu.
You can add a new entry in the panel where the drives are listed. The only
thing you have to do is to check if it's a device or a bookmark (aka places in
Dolphin).
But don't ask me where to look exactly (I'm quite new to dolphin), but a first
start would be the DolphinContextMenu class, because it handles the right
click context menu thing.
Another possibility is to add it to the Tools menu as you already suggested,
but this would not be as intuitive as in the panel where the devices are
located. The first approach has the advantage, that you know the device because
it is selected and you don't need the user select it later in a dialog.

Dolphin has no plugin system as Alex already mentioned.

Hope this helps a bit and I'm not too wrong

So long