Nepomuk File Metadata widget

Vishesh Handa me at vhanda.in
Thu Dec 20 15:02:53 GMT 2012

Hey Frank

I know I'm very very late, but I finally fixed the few annoying bugs in
Nepomuk2::FileMetadataWidget, and even made it show data when Nepomuk in
not running.

I think this satisfies all the conditions that you had.

Would it be possible to use it for 4.10? I would really like it cause then
I don't have to fix the bugs in KFileMetadatWidget for 4.10. I've attached
a patch which uses it instead of the KFileMetadataWidget.

Current problems -

1. When right clicking on the file -> Properties -> Information. This
Information is supposed to be the same as what is displayed in the
Information Panel. However, its code resides in kio, and cannot be made to
use Nepomuk::FileMetadataWidget.

2. Configure Shown Data -> Internally, Nepomuk's FileMetadataWidget also
uses the same config file, but this might have problems. Maybe I should
have my own different config file.

I really want to get this into 4.10 cause it makes my job a lot easier. I
don't need to maintain the kdelibs/nepomuk code then. It would also make
bug fixing a lot easier.

What do you think?

--
Vishesh Handa