Exception for Dolphin - KFileMetadataWidget

Vishesh Handa me at vhanda.in
Sat Dec 22 09:56:10 GMT 2012

On Sat, Dec 22, 2012 at 3:07 PM, Frank Reininghaus <frank78ac at googlemail.com
> wrote:

> If many people thought that the benefits of the new widget outweigh
> the risks, I would say "let's merge it" - I don't want to be blamed by
> future users of KDE 4.10 for holding back useful things if there is no
> good reason for it. But at the moment, it seems that there are more
> people who are worried about the risks, so I feel that it should
> better wait until KDE 4.11.
>

>From what I have noticed most people just don't respond, and that is taken
as a sign of acceptance. So one cannot really infer that there are more
people who are worried about the risks. Just that 2 people who disagree
have raised their voice.

Is there something I can do to reduce these risks?

>From what I see there are 3 use cases -

1. Using it when Nepomuk enabled
2.1. Using it when Nepomuk is disabled
2.2. Using it when Nepomuk is enabled but the file has no meta-data

So, the concern of using the widget in unknown ways doesn't really come
into play.

I hope I'm not being rude. I just really really want to get this widget
into 4.10. Otherwise I'm going to have to spend 2-3 days (maybe even more?)
fixing up the old deprecated Nepomuk code and the KFileMetadataWidget. I
rather focus on other things.

--
Vishesh Handa