Springer web pages disallow Konqueror web browser

Dawit A adawit at kde.org
Sat Dec 8 18:54:57 GMT 2012

I am always baffled why kwebkitpart never seems to work correctly for a lot
of websites on some distributions, but not others. For example, the link
you supplied works perfectly well on my ArchLinux box with QtWebKit 2.2.
Moreover, WebKit is a lot faster for me than the default khtml engine. I
wish I could identify the source for these discrepancies on different
distros.

The crashes are issues in QtWebKit itself. More specifically when the last
stable branched off from the main webkit tree. The current QtWebkit 2.3
branch [1] which likely will never see a stable release is actually much
better option for the distros to track. Unfortunately, most will never do
that because they want officially released packages only, which in this day
and age is meaningless for browser engines. Oh well...

[1] http://blogs.kde.org/2012/11/14/introducing-qtwebkit-23