Konqueror's "Open With" dialog behaviour when opening a URL with an external application

Dawit A adawit at kde.org
Tue May 17 22:24:38 BST 2011

On Tue, May 17, 2011 at 5:04 PM, David Faure <faure at kde.org> wrote:
> On Tuesday 17 May 2011, Dawit A wrote:
>> On Tue, May 17, 2011 at 9:38 AM, Raphael Kubo da Costa <kubito at gmail.com>
> wrote:

>> > Thanks for the information.
>> >
>> > I see that you've committed dfa8f69efb330a9f9a714a94f123c5d384445be2 to
>> > kdelibs master. I've recompiled kdelibs here, but can still experience
>> > the problem.
>>
>> Hmm... indeed. I guess I must have tested with the wrong component by
>> accident (kwebkitpart instead of khtml). Anyhow, I see what is
>> happening and the cause for the issue remains the same. However, the
>> ioslave that was put on hold was being purposefully removed in one of
>> the functions KonqRun::foundMimeType calls,
>> KParts::BrowserRun::handleNonEmbeddable. I will have to speak with
>> David to find out why that is being done...
>
> Can't remember. Tried asking git blame? :-)

No I love git blame :) Anyhow, I did check it, but unfortunately it
was part of the original creation of the file (commit
5a774ee075d0de98102783c01d8973770fee8a2d)  so there was nothing
specifically mentioned about it there..

Anyhow, I have created a patch for BrowserRun that addresses the issue
and put it up for review. See
https://git.reviewboard.kde.org/r/101379/

Regards,
Dawit A.