Konqueror problems and a SERIOUS commitment

Dawit A adawit at kde.org
Sun May 8 21:16:04 BST 2011

On Sat, May 7, 2011 at 5:51 PM, Zé <mmodem00 at gmail.com> wrote:
> 2011/5/7 Dawit A <adawit at kde.org>:
>> *sigh* you did not get my point. My point was you do not have to be a
>> developer at all. You can contribute by going through the bug reports
>> and marking duplicates as such assigning bug reports to the proper
>> components, closing those that cannot be reproduced. Non of that
>> requires programming skill. It simply requires ones time. If there
>> were 10 such users who did this on a regular basis and closed say 20
>> bugs each per day (an hours worth of work), then I guarantee you the
>> very valid reports you said you reported would be handled quicker
>> because there is not so many bugs to go through! If you do not believe
>> me, go take a look at
>> https://bugs.kde.org/component-report.cgi?product=konqueror and tell
>> me when you think the very very very very few (probably one or two)
>> developers that work on Konqueror occasionally will get to the bug
>> reports you put in ?
>
> Yes i did understand, and i would like to close doubled reports, but i
> do not have permissions to do it.
> Also im saying that i hope reach a time (if god permits it) in wich i
> will contribute by developing konqueror, and i will start creating
> patches, etc.
>
> Until now i have only opened bug reports, but if you tell me how to
> grant permissions to start closing doubled bugs i will also help in
> that way.

Sure. How to contribute to KDE is outlined at
http://techbase.kde.org/Contribute. And there is a more detailed
information about bug squashing at
http://techbase.kde.org/Contribute/Bugsquad. You can also join
#kde-bugs and ask how to go about helping out with triaging bug
reports. You can also go and see instructions under "Contribute" @
http://konqueror.kde.org/.

Regards,
Dawit A.