Supporting the MAFF web archive format, based on ZIP

Kevin Krammer kevin.krammer at gmx.at
Mon Mar 15 18:52:49 GMT 2010

On Monday, 2010-03-15, Paolo Amadini wrote:
> On 14/03/2010 20.32, Maksim Orlovich wrote:
> > To perhaps save you some time, let me point at the code
>
> Thanks!
>
> > (Does the .maff format have a mimetype yet?
>
> We use "application/x-maff".
>
> > Is it in shared-mime-data?)
>
> I think not (in Mozilla this particular extension-to-type mapping
> is handled internally for local files).

If it is not at this upstream yet (it probably should be), Mozilla's packages
should at least install an addition file (the shared mime data can be locally
extended by installing short XML file detailing the new MIME type's relations,
e.g. sub-type-of some other MIME type).

For example we at KDE do this to add a MIME type for *.war (among other
things):
http://websvn.kde.org/trunk/KDE/kdelibs/mimetypes/

Cheers,
Kevin