Supporting the MAFF web archive format, based on ZIP

Maksim Orlovich mo85 at cornell.edu
Sun Mar 14 19:32:06 GMT 2010

> On Samstag 13 März 2010, Paolo Amadini wrote:
>> I'd like to know if there is interest in supporting the MAFF file
>> format in Konqueror.
>
> I did the last major work on the webarchiver. I already thought about
> switching to ZIP format and somehow store other metadata because
> currently WAR achives have some unfixable shortcomings. But now I see
> MAFF addresses these things. Yes I am interested :-)

To perhaps save you some time, let me point at the code handling
application/x-webarchive in KonqMainWindow::openUrl, in
kdebase/apps/konqueror/src

as well as the archiveMimetype fields in
kdebase/runtime/kioslave/archive/tar.protocol
and kdebase/runtime/kioslave/archive/zip.protocol

(Does the .maff format have a mimetype yet? Is it in shared-mime-data?)

- Maks