GSoC 2010

David Faure faure at kde.org
Tue Mar 2 13:43:54 GMT 2010

On Tuesday 23 February 2010, Robert Riemann wrote:
> Hi folks,
>
> are there any attempts to get some GSoC students?
>
> Maybe you want to read my blogpost on planetkde:
> http://salout.github.com/blog/2010/02/23/GSoC_konqueror_projects.html

There are a few items on the wiki page nowadays, but one might of course
think of more or better things.

I like the idea of kross support so that people can develop scripts that
extend konqueror a bit like the plethora of firefox plugins/extensions do for
firefox. And yes, it would be even better if this was html-engine-independent
somehow, so that it worked with both khtml and webkit.

Another idea would be to continue edulix's gsoc-2009 work on bookmarks
(based on nepomuk and akonadi).

Other than that, well, I'm not the best person to have ideas, since konqueror
does the job for me (apart from some khtml bugs that are too complex for me to
fix), but surely people seem to like stuff in other browsers, from firefox to
rekonq, so there's surely some inspiration to take from those.