How to add new attributes in KHTML? Need help

Eduardo Robles Elvira edulix at gmail.com
Tue Jun 15 20:23:53 BST 2010

Hello everyone,

I'm finishing the project of HTML encryption with khtml that I
mentioned earlier in this list  (code available in [1]). Now, I've
detected one big problem: when adding the new attributes to the
tokenizer, images stop showing correctly and xmlHttpRequest seems to
fail too (for example the chat in [2] doesn't retrieves the list of
messages). I think I must be doing something wrong here, so this is
how I add support for the new attributes "encryption",
"encryption-key" and "signature-key":
1. I add them sorted inside misc/htmlattrs.in
2. I execute "cd kdelibs/khtml/misc && ./makeattrs"
3. Then execute "python gennames.py"

The attached patch to this email is the result of those steps. If I
don't apply the patch, everything works fine, the chat [2] works as
expected and images are correctly shown. If I apply it, then all of a
sudden the chat stops loading the messages and images are not loaded.

Is there any fast solution for this problem? Am I doing anything wrong
or am I missing any steps? I'm a bit in a hurry =) I want to create a
small chat application using the HTML extension developed, using AJAX
(welcome to the millenium!) based on [2]..

Regards,
   Eduardo Robles Elvira.
--
[1] http://github.com/edulix/pfc