best language to write a konqueror plugin?

Armel Asselin armelasselin at hotmail.com
Thu Jul 15 13:48:39 BST 2010

Hi,

I would like to write a plugin to konqueror, to add (dynamic) contextual
menus in its file manager part.

My problem is that C++ ABI tend to change from a linux to another, depending
on the gcc used to build the OS.
the plugin is for users who do not have necessarily plenty of development
packages installed, so delivering C++ code which in turn would have to be
built against konqueror plugin .h/.a seems a no-no [their admin probably
won't accept installing packages just for our tool]

what is the solution to use in that case? is there a language binding such
as Python or Perl which would let me do that job but with no binary
compatibility problems? or maybe a up-to-date C binding? (seen QtC but seems
outdated)
or am i wrong and is there some strategic build of g++ used for most libqt's
making a binary release reasonable?

Best regards
Armel