Konqueror: Dolphin's Dockers

Peter Penz peter.penz at gmx.at
Thu Jan 21 07:18:58 GMT 2010

Hi Jonathan,

On Wednesday 20 January 2010 22:44:27 Jonathan Schmidt-Dominé - Developer
wrote:
> Hi!
>
> I think it should be possible to reuse Dolphin's Dockers in Konqueror. For
> example the information-docker would be useful for those people using
> Konqueror as their file-manager. Isn't there a way to export all of them to
> Konqueror?

It is planned for KDE 4.5 to move the Information Panel widget to kdelibs, so
that it can be used by Konqueror (originally it was requested for Mailody and
Okular - I don't know if somebody will integrate it into Konqueror too).

The Places widget is already available in kdelibs, but not used by Konqueror.
The Folders widget is not available in kdelibs (and it is not planned moving
it to kdelibs yet, as Konqueror has it's custom treeview approach).

Best regards,
Peter