Bind key to clearFocus in konqueror

Daniel Bolton danielbarrettbolton at gmail.com
Mon Aug 2 04:33:23 BST 2010

I am posting to the kfm-devel list but not subscribed to it.

What I want to do bind a key in Konqueror to focus out-- i.e. take focus
away from the selected widget, but not give focus to a new one. This is apropos
a brainstorm I posted on the KDE forum [1]. Right now, it seems that the only
way to do this is to click on something in the window that is not a widget,
like a 'blank' area of a webpage. I believe the Q widget function that this
involves is clearFocus [2].

I have looked over and grepped through Konqueror's source code for an hour or
so, and I have seen plenty of functions that involve giving focus to a widget
( e.g. KonqMainWindow::focusLocationBar ), but none that describe taking it
away. My guess is that this is some generic functionality defined outside
Konqueror's source, but perhaps it would be possible to add a function to
take care of this somewhere and bind a key to it.

If anyone can provide further information on this topic, I would
appreciate it.

Thanks,
Daniel

1 - http://forum.kde.org/brainstorm.php?sid=5794bec2e6139c2845a432338cb4dc59#idea88581_page1