Flash plugin resize problem

Dawit A. adawit at kde.org
Thu Oct 22 21:50:02 BST 2009

On Thursday 22 October 2009 06:29:03 Pau Garcia i Quiles wrote:
> Hello,
>
> (cross-posted to Webkit-Qt and Konqueror mailing lists because this
> fails on both)
>
> I'm having trouble with QtWebKit from Qt 4.6 beta1 and Konqueror trunk
> when resizing Flash plugins. On QtWebKit it somewhat works (the
> "canvas" for the plugin is resized) but not quite (the plugin output
> is not repainted).
>
> You can download an example from http://www.elpauer.org/tmp/demo3.tar.gz .
> Tested and works fine with Safari 4.0.3 on Mac, Firefox 3.5.3 on Linux and
> Opera 10.0 on Linux. With Konqueror trunk, it makes nspluginviewer crash.
> With Arora or any other QtWebKit browser I have tested, it does not repaint
> the plugin output.

If you are using the webkitpart, then the nspluginviewer does not come into
the picture at all since we let the built-in QtWebKit handle flash content. The
behavior you get if you are using the KDE webkitpart should be the same as
Arora. Anyhow, any issue related to content rendering in QtWebKit should be
reported upstream to the QtWebKit team either as a bug or a question...

> Copyright (just in case :-) ) :
> - The image is taken from
> http://www.fsoft.it/panorama/PTViewer/images/chaberton.jpg
> - The krpano.swf is the KrPano 1.0.8 beta8 demo plugin from
> http://www.krpano.com

BTW, I did not try your demo, but I tried the ones in on the site above, and
yes indeed I see the problem you state, namely the content not being repainted
after resize, but there is nothing we can do at this level. You need to report
it upstream: http://trac.webkit.org/wiki/QtWebKitContrib