access using commands

David Faure faure at kde.org
Mon Mar 16 00:22:58 GMT 2009

On Tuesday 10 March 2009, Sergio Gelli wrote:

> Good morning gentlemen:
>
> Using "smb: \ \ WindowsMachine \ C" in Konqueror's address line, I
> easily access any Windows machine.
>
> After accessing a directory on a Windows machine, how do I access the
> components of that directory, such as files and folders, using commands
> in linux within a console?

Use smbmount, for a pure command-line solution.

Otherwise, to use KDE's solution from a command line you could use
kde-cp, kde-mv, kde-open, kioclient cat ... on smb:// URLs (but there
is no "ls" equivalent at that level).

> It can also access these files and folders, that are displayed in
> Konqueror, in other programs and tools?

Hmm? Sure, just click on the files in konqueror, all KDE programs can
open smb:// urls.