Good Idea

Jeff Price staxjp at gmail.com
Fri Jun 5 22:15:19 BST 2009

I think is is a good idea. Create a protocol handler called exec

so in the address bar i can type

exec:/bin/ls

and have it show the response within konqueror. It would be nice if it
rendered the html/css also. This way you can have a system script
generate links such as <a href="exec:myscript arguments">Link</a> on
the fly with system executable commands.

also, maybe build a file extension into kde that opens konqueror with
a profile that allows this, so that it doesn't work in standard mode
for safe web browsing. This profile should not have file menus or
address bars. Just html rendering area and title bar.

I beleive this will allow for fast system development. Any programmer
that only knows shell scripting with a little html/css can create rich
applications. It would also make kde far superior to any other gui,
not that it isn't already. If you like this idea, I would like to
contribute anyway that I can. Let me know

Thanks JP