Developer looking to join!

Eduardo Robles Elvira edulix at gmail.com
Wed Jun 3 15:16:16 BST 2009

On Mon, May 25, 2009 at 10:33 PM, Christopher Svanefalk
<csvanefalk at hushmail.me> wrote:
> (I am not subscribed to the mailing list)
>
> Dear Konqueror developers,
>
> I am a student software developer living in Sweden. I have been
> using KDE almost exclusively as my Linux desktop ever since I
> discovered it, and off course Konqueror is my current browser of
> choice.
>
> I am skilled in C/C++, and would really like to give off my time to
> help developing Konqueror and drive both it, KDE and the Linux OS
> forward, but I practically no experience around working with big
> projects (still a student, never landed my first programming job
> yet). However, what I lack in experience I make up for in hard work
> and diligence, so I believe I could be resourceful to you, and grow
> rapidly myself as well.
>
> Thus, if you think you could use another developer to help work on
> any section of the project, I would be happy to join in. Please let
> me know!
>
> With kind regards,
>
> Christopher Svanefalk.
> Gothenburg, Sweden.

Hi Christopher:

Welcome to konqueror development! I also started working in konqueror
as a student and currently I'm doing a GSoC for it. We are need new
hands to work in konqueror so you're help will be much apprecited.
First thing you should do is to suscribe to this list =). You can also
find other KDE and Konqueror developers in IRC, server
irc.freenode.net and channel #khtml, #kde-devel.

I recomend you start by building a development environment. For
Instructions about how to do this and KDE development information in
general, take a look at http://techbase.kde.org . Then after doing
that you should take a look at konqueror code, and perhaps start
trying to help fixing some Konqueror bugs from http://bugs.kde.org -
that way you can familiarize with the code. You can also think about a
new feature for konqueror (for example privacy/stealth mode) and try
to implement it. You can also filter in bugs.kde.or for the most voted
wishes for konqueror. If you've got doubts, we'll try to answer them.
Enjoy yourself!

Greetings,
    Eduardo Robles Elvira.