the most hated konqueror bug - "flash movies sometimes render white with Flash Player 10 rc"

koos vriezen koos.vriezen at gmail.com
Sat Feb 7 12:55:26 GMT 2009

2009/2/7 Allan Sandfeld Jensen <kde at carewolf.com>:
> On Friday 06 February 2009, koos vriezen wrote:
>> >
>> > I haven't be able to get flash 10 to work in either firefox or
>> > konqueror.
>> > I had to downgrade to flash 9 for it to work in any browser. When it
>> > doesn't work anywhere it makes a poor basis for trying to get it to work
>> > in konqueror. It is probably just my Debian iceweasel version of firefox
>> > that it doesn't work with, but since the code should be identical to the
>> > commercial distro's firefox, something spooky is going on with flash 10.
>>
>> FWIW, flash 10 has no problem with knpplayer from kmplayer. Just
>> upgraded to "Shockwave Flash 10.0 d21" (from d20) and works perfectly.
>> It's the x64 version I'm using, before I used the 9 version in a
>> chroot'ed construction.
>>
> Good to know. Maybe we can learn something from knpplayer.

Two things that made it all work when I started this Gtk based plugin:
- libflashplayer insisted up finding a GtkWindow, I couldn't directly
plugin the GtkPlug from libflashplayer in a QtXEmbed window, but had
to create a GtkPlug with a GtkSocket child widget to overcome this.
- calling 'g_thread_init (NULL)' as first thing in main() solved the
remaining instabilities.