Actions extensions in File Manager

Michael Pyne mpyne at kde.org
Fri Dec 4 23:19:18 GMT 2009

On Thursday 19 November 2009 08:02:35 Pierre Wieser wrote:
> Hi guys,
>
> I'm the Nautilus-Actions (N-A) maintainer.
> N-A is an extension to Nautilus, the Gnome file manager,
> which allows (advanced) users to add their own actions
> in the context menu.
>
> This is so very similar to Konqueror Service Menus.
>
> While our actions used to be stored in GConf system, which
> is the general Gnome system for configuration storage, I'm
> currently working on making use of desktop entry files.

I'd like to note that he's also posted this to the xdg mailing list at
freedesktop.org on my recommendation, so there's already been a bit of
discussion. It would be nice to get feedback from the relevant developers
though. I suggested kfm-devel, would kde-core-devel be better?

Regards,
 - Michael Pyne