Fwd: New Issue from qt-bugs Re: [Issue N228549] Qt glyph (greek polytonic) substitution bug (Greek polytonic (ancient greek) font encoding problem)

Andreas Pakulat apaku at gmx.de
Thu Sep 25 15:30:06 BST 2008

On 25.09.08 09:48:54, Randy Kramer wrote:
> On Thursday 25 September 2008 09:08 am, Germain Garand wrote:
> > Le jeudi 25 septembre 2008, Spiros Georgaras a écrit :
> > > As   Germain Garand suggested I filled in a bug report at Trolltech,
> > > regarding a "Greek polytonic (ancient greek) font encoding problem"
> > > http://lists.kde.org/?l=kfm-devel&m=122222689332684&w=2
> > We don't know about what happen exactly in there as Trolltech's bug
> system is
> > not open.
>
> So, from a lurker (not the OP), how does one read the bug report.  Maybe
> my question is answered by the "Trolltech's bug system is not open"
> from above?

You can't. Qt has two different tracking systems, one is for actual
development tasks, which they expose as task-tracker. The other is used by
the support people to keep track of open requests and stuff like that,
thats what the automated reply is from. Any issue number starting with N is
from that internal support-tracking software.

When one gets a task-number for a specific problem its always a
non-automatic response, including both a link for open-source and
commercial users of Qt.

> (with and without the N) with similar results.  I guess it really is a
> black hole!

Yeah, spreading FUD is really funny.

Andreas

PS: No I'm no Nokia (or former TT) employee, but I'm on the side of the
people that didn't have many bad experiences with their task-tracker.

--
Don't feed the bats tonight.