Fwd: New Issue from qt-bugs Re: [Issue N228549] Qt glyph (greek polytonic) substitution bug (Greek polytonic (ancient greek) font encoding problem)

Germain Garand germain at ebooksfrance.org
Thu Sep 25 14:08:57 BST 2008

Le jeudi 25 septembre 2008, Spiros Georgaras a écrit :
> Hi again
>
> As   Germain Garand suggested I filled in a bug report at Trolltech,
> regarding a "Greek polytonic (ancient greek) font encoding problem" -
> http://lists.kde.org/?l=kfm-devel&m=122222689332684&w=2
>
> I have just received this email and I really do not know what I am supposed
> to do now... Can anyone help (maybe Germain)?

Hi Spiros,

well I'm afraid that's it. Your bug report is now waiting in a purgatory of
sorts familarly referred to as "the black hole".

We don't know about what happen exactly in there as Trolltech's bug system is
not open.

From past experience, you will receive a message from a support engineer
anywhere between two days and two monthes (e.g. my last auto-reply is from
16/09, still running).

Ordinarily, the support engineer will try to convince you that your bug is in
fact not a bug... don't let him bully you - show him evidences!

If you successfully pass this step, you will receive a task tracker number,
whith which you'll be able to check from time to time if your issue as been
solved or is still pending.

Greetings,
Germain