Mapping events when zoomed in

Rafael Fernández López ereslibre at kde.org
Sat Sep 20 15:07:46 BST 2008

Hi there,

I am looking at some problems going on in KHTML when a page is zoomed in, and
you scroll the view (horizontally or vertically).

You can test with this page (provided by Germain):
http://media.ereslibre.es/2008/09/widgets.html

How to reproduce:

= No zoom =
- Drag the box and play around.
- Scroll the view. Drag the box and play around.

Everything seems fine.

= Zoom it = (the higher the zoom, the small amount of scroll you can do for it
to work)
- Drag the box and play around. No problems.
- Scroll the view a lot (but still have the box visible). You will see you
won't be able to drag it. This happens also with links on websites... etc.

You can notice that if you do a single zoom (not very zoomed) and you scroll a
bit, you are able still to drag the box. The higher the zoom the hardest is to
drag the box.

I would like to be pointed out to some code (i am looking at the moment) that
could be the culprit. The problem is related somehow to missing (or adding too
much) the contentsX() and contentsY() thing, or missing some multiplier factor
(related to the zoomLevel), or something like that.

Regards,
Rafael Fernández López.