konquerer and PDFs

Jürgen Peter Messerer juergen.messerer at sunrise.ch
Fri Sep 19 10:54:40 BST 2008

Hi everybody

I'm not quite sure if I'm here in the right mailing list for my problem.
So please can you tell me which mailing list is responsible for the
following problem.

I have the following situation.

My Linux machine mounts a share on an IIS server with davfs.
Now I'm accessing the share via konqueror.
This share contains in general many PDF files.

When I capature the network traffic with wireshark then I see, that
konqueror also send a GET on every PDF.
After searching the internet and studying the kdebase source I realize that
normally konqueror are only sending GET's
on files with unknown extensions.

But pdf is a known extension. I can see the mime type in the settings.

So to avoid heavy traffic on this network I would like to tell konqueror to
stop getting the PDF.

I have tried the following things:
- Reregistering the mime type PDF
- Disabled the file tips
- Disbaled previews in file tips
- Disabled all protocols on meta-data

I have tried this with kde version 3.4.1 and 3.5.7

Please, I'm appreciating every hints, tips and suggestions.

Thanks for the help.

Best regards

Juergen