Form element rendering regression

David Faure faure at kde.org
Tue Sep 16 09:51:33 BST 2008

On Wednesday 16 July 2008, Germain Garand wrote:
> Le jeudi 3 juillet 2008, Harri Porten a écrit :
> > Hi!
> >
> > Since several weeks/months KHTML exposes a somewhat ugly rendering
> > problem. It manifests itself as a block of elements (always form elements
> > I believe) being rendered at a wrong place of the screen unless one
> > performs an action like scrolling.
> >
> > Steps to reproduce (credit go to Teve):
> >
> > 1.) Browse to http://marc.info/?l=kde-core-devel&r=2&b=200806&w=2
> >
> > 2.) Assure that the window is small enough to require scrolling
> >
> > 3.) Scroll down to the bottom of the page
> >
> > 4.) Press next
> >
> > More often than not one now sees the Search field and buttons being shown
> > at the top of the page although they should be out of the visible area.
>
> Just to note I could reproduce that bug indeed.
> I don't see it being related to widgets though, and rather than a block
> rendered at the wrong place, I observe a block drawn at the correct place,
> but over previous content that is not erased.
>
> Could be backingstore/scrolling related. Or a bug in background painting of
> replaced elements.

The same bug (I think) happens when submitting a mailman form, which leads us
back to the same URL, but at the top of the page. The top of the page isn't redrawn,
so while the scrollbar is at y=0, one can still see the stuff that was at the bottom of the
form.
I can provide you with a list moderator password for a mailing-list if needed :)