queue for copying and moving files

Thiago Macieira thiago at kde.org
Sat Oct 18 13:36:21 BST 2008

Thorsten Gensler wrote:
>Let the user make the decision what would be faster.
>Different mountpoints -> Option for parallel OR queue
>Same mountpoints -> Option for parallel OR queue
>A Button for starting a queued operation could be also a good idea.
>
>It's not that difficult or is it?

I think it is difficult.

And I also don't think the user should have to care about this. If the
operation takes too long, he'll wait for one to complete before starting
the other copy the next time he tries.

Whatever we decide, let's not ask the user to choose.

    PGP/GPG: 0x6EF45358; fingerprint:
    E067 918B B660 DBD1 105C  966C 33F5 F005 6EF4 5358