Enable Javascript for local .html files

Dave Feustel dfeustel at mindspring.com
Sat Nov 29 00:42:05 GMT 2008

On Fri, Nov 28, 2008 at 05:26:09PM -0700, James Richard Tyrer wrote:
> Dave Feustel wrote:
>> How do I enable Javascript in Konqueror for all local .html files?
>> I'd rather not enable Javascript globally because I tend to forget
>> to reset the flag and then I get into trouble on the net.
>>
> This appears to be a help request which wouldn't be appropriate for this
> list.  However, if this isn't currently simple enough, it might be a
> feature that needs to be added.
>
> Your computer has a host name which defaults to "localhost" if you
> haven't given it a name.  So, add the host name of your computer to the
> Domain Specific window in the JavaScript tab just like you would for any
> other host or domain.  If that works, I don't see a development issue.
>
> Did that work for your?

I have added localhost to the Javascript enable list.
I will also try adding 127.0.0.1. I got this to work a while ago
but I have forgotten just what I did. I'm actually now working with
SVG which has the ability to interact with Javascript. Firefox
seems to work marginally better with SVG, but I really prefer
Konqueror to any other browser. How much code does konqueror
comprise? Is it reasonable for me as a single individual to
hack on konqueror?