.kde/share/locale

Dave Feustel dfeustel at mindspring.com
Tue Nov 25 13:51:39 GMT 2008

On Tue, Nov 25, 2008 at 01:17:23PM +0100, David Faure wrote:
> On Tuesday 11 November 2008, Dave Feustel wrote:
> > locale: Cannot set LC_ALL to default locale: No such file or directory
> > There are no files present in .kde/share/locale.
>
> ... which is why your question has nothing to do with KDE ;-)
>
> This is a problem with your [g]libc / locales install.

This problem did not exist until at least a month after I installed F9.
The main thing I notice is that I no longer see any non-ascii characters
in my emails. I don't know whether that is related to the locales
problem.

Now I get error messages all the time about locale not working and
falling back to C locale. I have no idea how to fix this problem.
Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.