Konqueror and displaying Arabic language

Hugo Coolens hugocoolens at gmail.com
Sat Nov 15 10:45:54 GMT 2008

This message is meant to help the developers of webbrowser to (to continue
to) implement correct displaying of Arabic language

After experimenting with lots of webbrowsers which I want to display fully
vocalized Arabic,  my conclusion is that the Times New Roman font together
with Konqueror is the best way to go.  As I have heared  some news that
Konqueror will be put  on a "side track" in favour of  another filemanager,
I  only can hope that the developers will keep the excellent support for
displaying Arabic language.  I have put  a html-test-file  on my website
which can be used by  the  developers to test whether their browsers perform
correctly:
1. http://users.skynet.be/hugocoolens/download/arabic_test.html (test-file)
2. http://users.skynet.be/hugocoolens/download/split_problem.png (this shows
the "split-problem" which occurs  with many browsers when using fully
vocalised Arabic i.e. the occurence of unwanted gaps between the characters)
3. http://users.skynet.be/hugocoolens/download/test_iceweasel2.0.0.17.png(this
shows "vocalization-mash" i.e. vocalization signs being written _on_
the characters in stead of below or above, this was done with iceweasel
2.0.0.17)
4.http://users.skynet.be/hugocoolens/download/test_konqueror3.3.5.png(correctly
placed vocalization signs and no split-problem, this was achieved
with Konqueror 3.3.5)

As I don't have yet the latest Konqueror version at my disposal I hope the
developers will keep maintaining their excellent support for displaying
Arabic

regards,
Hugo Coolens