KIO logs (was: Konqueror becoming progressively unusable)

Thiago Macieira thiago at kde.org
Tue Nov 4 06:12:50 GMT 2008

Harri Porten wrote:
>kio_http(10471)/kssl KIO::TCPSlaveBase::write: d->socket.write()
> returned -1! Socket error is 6 , Socket state is 0
> kio_http(10471)/kssl
> KIO::TCPSlaveBase::write: Write failed, will return -1! Socket error is
> 6 , Socket state is 0 Return value of waitForBytesWritten() is false

d->socket is KTcpSocket, so socket error 6 is SocketTimeoutError. But
KTcpSocket::waitForBytesWritten calls QSslSocket::waitForBytesWritten
indirectly, so it's something inside Qt.

But in QTcpSocket::waitForBytesWritten, there's this code:
            if (d->socketError != SocketTimeoutError)
                close();

So I don't understand how it happened.

But my KDE build and sources are from a few weeks ago and I'm using Qt
4.5.

    PGP/GPG: 0x6EF45358; fingerprint:
    E067 918B B660 DBD1 105C  966C 33F5 F005 6EF4 5358