Another fix: detaching a tab added it to the closed tabs/items list

Eduardo Robles Elvira edulix at gmail.com
Thu May 8 20:51:36 BST 2008

Hey!

I haven't been able to reproduce the infinite recursion directory bug, but
I've spotted and fixed a bug: when you detach a tab, the tab is actually
added to the closed tabs/items list. This doesn't make much sense because the
page is still opened in the detached tab as a window.

This happened of course because breakOffTab() called to removeView(), which
emits the aboutToRemoveTab() signal. As I didn't want to add a new parameter
to removeView(), I've added a new bool flag which tells to removeView()
whether to emit the aboutToRemoveTab() signal or not.

Note that this signal was added by me and noone else is using at the moment
for anything else so it's not a problem not emitting it. In case we need to
change the behaviour in the future, I think we could keep not emitting the
aboutToRemoveTab() signal when we breakOff a tab, and just emit a new signal:
aboutToBreakOffTab(). The patch is attached.

So.. green light to commit? =)

BTW About session management:

I've thought that as we have little time, I will abandon the idea for 4.1 of
using kpassivepopup or a new passive-popup class and use a messagebox instead
(just like firefox does). I'll try to have a fully working patch this weekend
so hopefully it can end up in 4.1 (again, target: including it before feature
freeze, which is the 19th).

Greetings,
         Eduardo Robles
depends on the unreasonable man." (George Bernard Shaw)