nspluginviewer crashing with plugins disabled

koos vriezen koos.vriezen at gmail.com
Mon Mar 24 21:22:08 GMT 2008

2008/3/24, Eeli Kaikkonen <eekaikko at mail.student.oulu.fi>:
> On Mon, 24 Mar 2008, koos vriezen wrote:

>  > Which flash implementation and version are you using?
>
> I don't know about Anders but I have konqueror-nsplugins
>  3.5.8-2ubuntu3~gutsy1~ppa1 and flashplugin-nonfree (Adobe Flashplayer
>  installer) 9.0.48.0.2+really0ubuntu12.2 packages installed in Kubuntu.
>
>  Flash player doesn't work in Konqueror at all (it shows only an empty
>  box). It works with Firefox. "You have version 9,0,31,0 installed".

Maybe the authors of the latest fixes will answer, but AFAIK the
latest fixes were to get adobe flash 9.0.115 running and that had to
do with security related issues.

So you might want to upgrade.

An alternative nsplugin loader is within the kmplayer plugin, which
requires some manual configuring and dbus-glib-1, gtk+-x11-2.0,
gthread-2.0 development packages for getting to build.

Br.
Koos