Transparent background for widgets in KHTML

Germain Garand germain at ebooksfrance.org
Thu Mar 13 18:03:05 GMT 2008

Le jeudi 13 mars 2008, Rafael Fernández López a écrit :
> On Thursday 13 March 2008 15:55:40, Rafael Fernández López wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > > The patch here:
> > > http://media.ereslibre.es/2008/03/khtml.diff
>
> I forgot to point you to a screenshot:
>
> http://media.ereslibre.es/2008/03/ktmlwidgets.png
>
> BTW, I also noticed (even without my patch) that I'm getting lots of
> outputs on the console:
>
> QPainter::begin: A paint device can only be painted by one painter at a
> time.
>
> So, I'm, trying to find out where on KHTML is the fault... (for that I
> added the Q_ASSERT you see on the patch, I really think those won't harm).
> But anyway, the fault doesn't seem to be on render_form or on
> render_replaced. Will have to look deeper though.

I have really no idea about that. That I know of, we very seldom use several
painters at a time (widgets, opacity and that's it), let alone on the same
surface.
Qt 4.3 would complain loudly about that too, and it does not.

So for now I'm incriminating the new shared painter feature, and its ref
counting :)

Germain