[kde-artists] Missing icon name: "preferences-?-?

James Richard Tyrer tyrerj at acm.org
Tue Jun 17 22:40:59 BST 2008

James Richard Tyrer wrote:

I suggest that it would be better for the 'desktop' files:

	kfmclient.desktop
	kfmclient_dir.desktop
	kfmclient_html.desktop
	kfmclient_war.desktop

to have:

	Icon=system-file-manager-kfm

and the 'desktop' file:

	dolphin.desktop

and the "main.cpp" file.

to have:

	Icon=system-file-manager-dolphin

If these icons doen't exist, there will be fall back to the icon:

	system-file-manager

The issue of the "Configure" dialog is a bit more complicated.  But, it
appears that we are misusing the icon name: "system-file-manager" in 4
'desktop' files in:

SVN: ... trunk/KDE/kdebase/apps/konqueror/settings/konq/

where we need a "preferences-*" icon names and I don't think that it is
a good thing for this working correctly to be dependent on the image for
that icon name.

--
JRT