preview in dolphin is slow with many pictures

Rafael Fernández López ereslibre at kde.org
Tue Jun 10 19:48:39 BST 2008

Hi,

> I just committed a fix in Dolphin for this. Nice side effect: Dolphin's
> IconManager now uses KMimeTypeResolver internally, so there's no need
> anymore for the views to take care on this :-)

Sorry for not replying to this thread before...

Thanks Peter for your fix (and David too). I wonder, could this have a side
effect on detailed views with previews on (and type column shown) ?

I mean, I don't know the side effect of not resolving MIME types when the
previews are on.

Actually, even on icon mode, we could have the "Type" information shown on the
delegate by "View" => "Additional Information" => "Type".

What problems could bring us not resolving mime types ? (If the default view
is with previews..., they would never be resolved) ?

Regards,
Rafael Fernández López.