Konqueror Flash

koos vriezen koos.vriezen at gmail.com
Wed Jul 9 00:38:33 BST 2008

2008/7/8 koos vriezen <koos.vriezen at gmail.com>:
> 2008/7/8, Lubos Lunak <l.lunak at suse.cz>:
>
>>  I seriously doubt that, or you don't get the XtRemoveTimeout() crash that
>>  happens for everything that does not claim to be Firefox?
>
> I have no Xt support, only Gtk. Apparently Adobe > 9 beta's don't need it.

Took a quick look at this and knpplayer returns NPNVGtk2 for NPNVToolkit.

nspluginviewer returns (NPNToolkitType)0xFEEDABEE with this comment:
        // This is messy. OSS things want to see "Gtk2" here;
         // but commercial flash works better if we return something else.
         // So we return a KHTML classic, since we can work with
         // the community members far easier.

Your other comment:
> But anyway, if you're so convinced it's better than nspluginviewer, why don't
> you simply suggest replacing it? If it really is better, I don't think
> anybody would mind.

I'm not convinced it's better, I just claimed that the Adobe plugin
isn't crashy if used cleanly.

Just from the top of my head what knpplayer is failing. The KIO
intergration needs to be fixed (is currently based on stdio streaming
from the kpart, should be getting it's data directly from the slaves
or use something else), haven't looked at anything else but the swfdec
mozilla plugin (obviously the old Xt versions will not work), the kcm
configuration from konqueror plugins isn't used at all, all the tweaks
that went into nsplugin over the years needs to be reviewed etc.
Fits currently very well in the extra-gear idea imo.

Br
Koos