Konqueror Flash

Lubos Lunak l.lunak at suse.cz
Tue Jul 8 10:21:37 BST 2008

On Monday 07 of July 2008, koos vriezen wrote:
> 2008/7/7 Thiago Macieira <thiago at kde.org>:
> > Recently, though, Adobe has broken Flash and introduced weird code that
> > makes it crash. It's not our fault and our developers are trying very
> > hard to solve those issues. Which, without access to the source code or
> > cooperation from inside Adobe, is a very thankless job.
>
> nspluginviewer is the problem, not the Adobe plugin.

 Regardless of what one may think about nspluginviewer, the Adobe plugin is a
problem.

> The npplayer backend from kmplayer
> http://websvn.kde.org/trunk/extragear/multimedia/kmplayer/src/npplayer.c?vi
>ew=log is imo pretty clean code and the only thing that might be considered
> as hacky is the NpObject to javascript mapping.
> Almost the exact code runs on Maemo
> http://kmplayer.garage.maemo.org/flash.png only without the javascript
> part.
> Never had any crash that wasn't the fault of my code.

 I seriously doubt that, or you don't get the XtRemoveTimeout() crash that
happens for everything that does not claim to be Firefox?

 But anyway, if you're so convinced it's better than nspluginviewer, why don't
you simply suggest replacing it? If it really is better, I don't think
anybody would mind.

--
Lubos Lunak
KDE developer
SUSE LINUX, s.r.o.   e-mail: l.lunak at suse.cz , l.lunak at kde.org
Lihovarska 1060/12   tel: +420 284 028 972
190 00 Prague 9      fax: +420 284 028 951
Czech Republic       http://www.suse.cz