Konqueror Flash

Thiago Macieira thiago at kde.org
Mon Jul 7 13:27:27 BST 2008

arnaudv6 at free.fr wrote:
>Nevertheless, I still wonder why we don't simply
>implement existing solutions such as firefox's "nsplugin viewer"
>to properly support flash, as it should be :
>no need to re-invent the wheel !

nspluginviewer is a Konqueror external tool, not a Firefox one. It has
supported Flash for years, when it was still made by Macromedia.

Recently, though, Adobe has broken Flash and introduced weird code that
makes it crash. It's not our fault and our developers are trying very
hard to solve those issues. Which, without access to the source code or
cooperation from inside Adobe, is a very thankless job.

    PGP/GPG: 0x6EF45358; fingerprint:
    E067 918B B660 DBD1 105C  966C 33F5 F005 6EF4 5358