Contact for XEmbed work

Lubos Lunak l.lunak at suse.cz
Mon Jan 14 10:45:38 GMT 2008

On Sunday 13 of January 2008, Mike Melanson wrote:
> Lubos Lunak wrote:
> > Dne Saturday 12 of January 2008 23:20:22 Mike Melanson napsal(a):
> >> I found some time to work on this. On a reasonably fresh Ubuntu 7.10
> >> VMware image, I compiled the SVN snapshots of kdelibs and kdebase. I can
> >> run Konqueror but I can't get it to see the Flash plugin. I remember
> >> that Konqueror has to be told to register a new plugin. However, all the
> >> Konqueror settings dialogs are blank.
> >>
> >> Do I need to running a full KDE desktop for Konqueror to work?
> >
> >  Run 'kcmshell khtml_plugins' and check there for manually updating the
> > plugins info. I think there's a bug that it doesn't happen automatically
> > in all cases when it should.
>
> No good. I get interminable console output. Among the lines is a mention
> of the fact that khtml_plugins is not a valid module. "kcmshell --list"
> is supposed to inform me about the available modules. I don't think
> there was anything useful in the output of that command either.

 The module is also accessible from Konqueror from menu as Settings->Configure
Konqueror->Plugins. The module is normally in kdebase and should be always
built (maybe you have your own standalone KDE build and built only the
nsplugins/ subdir in kdebase as I suggested when building over system KDE?).

--
Lubos Lunak
KDE developer
SUSE LINUX, s.r.o.   e-mail: l.lunak at suse.cz , l.lunak at kde.org
Lihovarska 1060/12   tel: +420 284 028 972
190 00 Prague 9      fax: +420 284 028 951
Czech Republic       http//www.suse.cz