Contact for XEmbed work

Lubos Lunak l.lunak at suse.cz
Wed Jan 2 17:58:37 GMT 2008

On Wednesday 02 of January 2008, Mike Melanson wrote:
> Lubos Lunak wrote:
> >  Current SVN should have my latest code in the 3.5 branch, both latest
> > kdelibs and kdebase are needed. Some attempts at workarounds for some of
> > the issues (1,5) are included. Distributions are already shipping
> > updates, but those may not be my latest patches.
>
> With the assumption that I don't do a lot of active KDE development
> (though I once modified Kate to activate a missing feature), can you
> give me the bare number of steps to download and compile what I need to
> get the latest development copy of Konqueror running? That would be the
> best way for me to diagnose the problems, since I can see the source
> code on both sides.

 http://techbase.kde.org/index.php?title=Getting_Started has howtos on
checking out from SVN and building of 3.5. If you're fine with installing
over your distribution binaries, it should be just something like:

 svn co svn://anonsvn.kde.org/home/kde/branches/KDE/3.5/kdelibs
 svn co svn://anonsvn.kde.org/home/kde/branches/KDE/3.5/kdebase
 cd kdelibs
 make -f Makefile.cvs
 ./configure --enable-debug  (might need proper --prefix as well)
 make
 make install
 cd ../kdebase
 make -f Makefile.cvs
 ./configure --enable-debug  (might need proper --prefix as well)
 cd nsplugins
 make
 make install

 The kdelibs part could be also made even faster by running make install only
in kdeui/ and before that doing make only in libltdl/, dcop/, kdecore/,
kdeui/ . If your distribution has already shipped some KDE update for the
Flash problems, you can simply use that kdelibs version and skip building it
altogether, only a small fix there is needed and it shouldn't be relevant
otherwise.

 Also note kdebase/nsplugins/HOWTO.DEBUG .

--
Lubos Lunak
KDE developer
SUSE LINUX, s.r.o.   e-mail: l.lunak at suse.cz , l.lunak at kde.org
Lihovarska 1060/12   tel: +420 284 028 972
190 00 Prague 9      fax: +420 284 028 951
Czech Republic       http//www.suse.cz