[Patch] Fix for a problem with loadItem in konqviewmanager

David Faure faure at kde.org
Thu Apr 17 16:59:53 BST 2008

On Friday 11 April 2008, Eduardo Robles Elvira wrote:
> Hello people,
>
> As can be seen in KonqFrameContainer::saveConfig(), that function doesn't
> necesarily save two childs.

Well a KonqFrameContainer is a splitter; I don't really understand how it could not
have two children, except in error cases.
Do you have a testcase about how to end up with either child being 0 ?

> But when KonqViewManager::loadItem() is loading a
> container it wants the container to have obligatory two childs, otherwise it
> shows with kDebug() a "profile loading error"

Well yes it's sort of an error. I'm fine with the added fallback-loading code
(if it wouldn't copy/paste existing code but factorize it instead, as said on irc),
but I would still like us to get rid of the error case where a splitter remains
with only one child in it. KonqViewManager is supposed to get rid of the splitter
when this happens.