Konqueror print feature question

Liu, Xi XLIU01 at harris.com
Mon Apr 7 17:02:23 BST 2008

Hi there,

I am running KDE3.5.8 (Konqueror 3.5.8) on  FreeBSD 7.0.

I am trying to see if there is an option to do the following from the command line to run "konqueror" to open a html page and automatically generate a PDF file for that page.

Below are what I am trying to experiment

1. Use "konqueror" to open an local HTML file or a website
    running  "konqueror url"  works for this

2. start printing to a PDF file
    I can use a Javascript "windows.print()" to achieve that for local HTML files

3. I just don't want to the print dialog that requires user entering file name and clicking "save/print" button. All this needs to be automated.
    Is there a way to do that? There seems to be no such a command line option for "konqueor" to specify the print file name and disable the print option dialog.
    I have the source code kdebase 3.5.8. I don't mind a bit hacking to the "konqueror" module and appreciate if someone can quickly point me to the right  section of the code.,

BTW, I am not subscribe to the mailing list. Please CC me when reply to the mailing list

Thanks,
Xi