Flashplayer

Kevin Krammer kevin.krammer at gmx.at
Fri Oct 19 18:24:34 BST 2007

On Friday 19 October 2007, koos vriezen wrote:

> > > Oops, I forgot to start implementing this :-). Anyhow, like the
> > > nsplugin, the other way around works.
> >
> > Since you've looked at it, how much more stuff do we need in the
> > LiveConnect extension to support everything flash needs from npruntime?
> > I've had nspluginviewer supporting some of it, but there were problems
> > w/types, and flash was crashing all over the place for me.
>
> What doesn't work for me is setting the QXEmbed or Q11EmbedContainer
> as xembed container for the plugin directly, it gives gtk assertions.
> So now I set a gtksocket as window and add this this to a gtkplug
> child. The gtkplug is then embedded in the QXEmbed or
> Q11EmbedContainer.

Can you check if calling gtk_init(0, 0) is sufficient?
The currently released Flash plugin seems to (according to Novell people who
debugged this issue) not correctly initializing GTK, i.e. accessing GTK
functions before calling gtk_init().

The beta version of the plugin might or might not share this issue, but if it
does, this might also be the cause of the assertions you are getting.

Cheers,
Kevin
KDE user support, developer mentoring