Flashplayer

koos vriezen koos.vriezen at gmail.com
Thu Oct 18 22:41:00 BST 2007

2007/10/18, Michael Pyne <michael.pyne at kdemail.net>:
> On Thursday 18 October 2007, Mike Melanson wrote:
> > > I've searched and found several 'fixes' and 'workarounds' which usually
> > > refer to an older version.
> >
> > What version of the Flash Player are you trying?
>
> Because if you're trying to install the newer versions of Flash then it
> requires support for the XEMBED protocol, which is not yet supported by
> Konqueror.

If one want to try out the xembed ones, one could install the kmplayer
plugin. It requires some manual configuration (see handbook how to).
It also supports calls from javascript to the plugin, as long as they
don't require a return value.
I would appreciate some testing, feedback on this.

> I'm not sure of the last released version of Flash that did not require
> XEMBED.

No, the xembed version is beta. See
http://labs.adobe.com/downloads/flashplayer9.html

Br.