Flashplayer

sam mirshafie at gmail.com
Thu Oct 18 21:37:14 BST 2007

You don't have to actually use the Adobe Flash install script to get Flash to
work in Konqueror. Just download the tarball and extract it.
In console:

$ wget
http://fpdownload.macromedia.com/get/flashplayer/current/install_flash_player_9_linux.tar.gz
$ tar xvzf install_flash_player_9_linux.tar.gz

Then move the files inside the new directory to something more convenient. I
created a directory called .flashplayer in my home dir where I put the Flash
files.

Now configure Konqueror. Settings > Configure > Plugins. Under Netscape
Plugins add the path to the directory with the Flash files. Then click the
Scan for New Plugins button.

That should do it.

Sam