web shortcuts at default search engine with single words

Rainer Dorsch rdorsch at web.de
Fri Mar 30 11:01:35 BST 2007

Hello,

I am using frequently the web shortcuts in konqueror to search for something,
e.g.

gg:kfm-devel subscribe

for searching google to subscribe to kfm-devel ;-)

With setting google as default search engine, I can even type

kfm-devel subscribe

without the gg:

That worked until my last upgrade to KDE 3.5.5 (before I was running 3.3.x).
Now the default search engine still work, when I use a space separeted list
of search works, but when I use only a single word it does not. E.g.

kfm-devel

is expanded to

http://kfm-devel

Any idea, what I could change to get the old behaviour back (in case it is a
feature, please explain what is the advantage of the new behaviour;-).

Thanks,
Rainer

--
Rainer Dorsch
Lärchenstr. 6
email: rdorsch at web.de
jabber: rdorsch at jabber.org
GPG Fingerprint: 5966 C54C 2B3C 42CC 1F4F  8F59 E3A8 C538 7519 141E
Full GPG key: http://pgp.mit.edu/