2 crashes in khtml trunk

Germain Garand germain at ebooksfrance.org
Thu Mar 29 14:30:20 BST 2007

Le Jeudi 29 Mars 2007 14:07, David Faure a écrit :
> 1) crash when clicking around in empty startup page.
>
> khtmlview.cpp:
> 3279            d->oldUnderMouse = targetNode;
> 3280            d->oldUnderMouse->ref();

Sorry, I have this trivial one fixed locally since a while. I'll apply.

> crashes when targetNode is 0  (mev.innerNode == 0). Not sure why it doesn't
> happen in 3.x though?

because the code has changed! We did not use to save the old node under mouse.

> Destructors are not a good place to call code that does foo = QPixmap(); it
> can be called too late, once there's no qapp anymore.

the header also says about this foo pixmap

//### consider making this a pointer, seems quite heavy

so it might be a good move to actually do that and avoid the problem
altogether...

(patch attached)

Germain