Background image black in Konqueror

Mark Rose kde at markrose.ca
Sat Mar 10 23:13:08 GMT 2007

On Saturday 10 March 2007 3:41:35 pm Aaron J. Seigo wrote:
> On March 10, 2007, Charles A. Landemaine wrote:
> > I designed a standard-compliant mockup for PC-BSD's web site. The page
> > is displayed properly in the following browsers:
> >
> >  - IE7
> >  - Opera 9
> >  - FF2
> >  - Seamonkey
> >
> > But when I open it in Konqueror 3.5.5, the upper part of the page
> > where there is a grey gradient used as a background, is all black:
> > http://dev.pcbsd.org/site/
>
> if you could provide a stripped down test case it would probably help the
> khtml people quite a bit to figure out what the problem is. =)

I had a few minutes to kill, and while I don't have a minimal test case,
removing url(images/style.png) from #hpbanner in the CSS seems to fix the
issues. Alternatively, specifying a background colour in #hpbanner anything
other than #000 (or black or #000000) also cures the problem. Using a GIF
instead of a PNG for the background image does not fix things.